Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of the terms and conditions herein is to define the rights, obligations and responsibilities of Studybooking.com and the users of the services related to language training, studying abroad and accommodations provided by the internet site operated by Studybooking Co., Ltd. (Referred to as SB hereinafter.)
Article 2 (Definition)
1. Studybooking.com is a website established by SB for the trading of goods and services by using the internet, PCs, mobile, social communication tools, etc. At the same time, Studybooking.com is used by the business provider who offers the services.
2. A “Member” is an individual (i.e. student) or business who registered and provided information to Studybooking.com and intends to use or sell products or services on Studybooking.com. “Members” must agree to the terms and conditions of Studybooking.com.
3. A “Non-Member” is a person or business who uses the services provided by Studybooking.com without membership.
4. A “User” is a member or non-member who benefits from the products or services provided by Studybooking.com according to the terms and conditions.
5. An “Education Provider”, referred to as EP, is a business which sells products or services intended for studying abroad and language training on Studybooking.com. All EPs must be members.
6. An “Accommodations Provider”, referred to as AP, is a business which provides accommodations. APs must be members.
7. A “Purchaser” is a person who buys and uses the products or services of the EP or the AP.
Article 3 (Clarification and modification of the “terms and conditions”)
1. SB lists the details of the “terms and conditions”, company name, business location, name of the representative, business registration number, and the contact point for users on the service screen of Studybooking.com.
2. SB may modify these “terms and conditions” within the extent of related laws such as laws applying to the definition of “terms and conditions”, electronic transaction basic laws, electronic signature laws, the use of information network and information protection, laws for the selling by visit (solicitation), and consumer protection laws.
3. If SB modifies the “terms and conditions”, the application date and reason for modification will be clarified and posted publically on the Studybooking.com together with the current “terms and conditions” 7 days prior to modification.
4. Points which are not defined within the “terms and conditions” shall be subject to the electronic transaction consumer protection guidelines, related laws, and the commercial practices as defined by the Korean government.
Article 4 (Service provision)
1. SB performs the following services.
2. SB reserves the right to change the details of the “terms and conditions” in the event of changes in the goods and services or technical specifications. The details of changed goods and services shall be posted to the public.
Article 5 (Suspension of service)
1. SB may suspend services temporarily in the event of maintenance, upgrades & replacement of equipment, technical difficulties and communication failures such as computer and disconnection of communication.
2. In case of service suspension according to Article 5, item 1, SB shall inform the members and users by means of methods defined in Article 8 below.
Article 6 (Membership)
1. Non-members shall apply for membership by expressing the consent of these “terms and conditions” after filling out the application provided on Studybooking.com. EPs and APs apply through the administration website provided by Studybooking.com.
2. Studybooking.com will accept applicants unless they correspond to the following:
3. SB considers the time when the applicant receives an application confirmation message as the specific sign-up time.
Article 7 (Withdrawal and disqualification from membership, etc.)
1. Members may request withdrawal to Studybooking.com any time and SB shall process the withdrawal from membership immediately. If an incomplete purchasing history remains at the time of withdrawal, the member shall complete or cancel all purchasing procedures and SB is not responsible for the losses from withdrawing and cancelling of said purchases.
2. If a member falls within the parameters of the following paragraphs, SB may limit or suspend the membership.
3. If the same action is repeated three times, or problems are not resolved within 30 days after the limiting or suspension, Studybooking.com may cancel the membership.
Article 8 (Notices to members)
1. Studybooking.com may use the member’s email address or message function of Studybooking.com to communicate with members.
2. Studybooking.com may notify members on the Notice Board on the website instead of through individual email. Posts on the Notice Board will be no shorter than 7 days.
Article 9 (Entering into agreements)
1. When the purchase request and the payment are made by the user, an order agreement for the reservation is created. Later, when the EP or AP approves the order, the corresponding service agreement is complete. (The “Approval is finished” time appears in the order status on user’s My Page screen.)
2. SB may not approve the purchase immediately for the following reasons:
Article 10 (Payment method, time and conditions)
1. The payment method for the goods and services purchased from Studybooking.com may be selected from the following:
2. The time and conditions of payment for line 1 of article 11 shall be pursuant to the payment conditions of each company specified by the EP or AP on the service screen.
Article 11 (Order rejection, refund and cancellation)
1. The EP or AP may reject an order when the goods or service cannot be provided or supplied according to the user’s order unavoidably for the reason of acceptance capacity excess, etc. In this case, the EP or AP shall notify Studybooking.com AND the purchaser of the cancellation of the corresponding order by processing ‘Order Rejected’ on the administration website.
2. Orders with the status of “Waiting for approval” may be cancelled automatically after 72 hours and will be explained.
3. If an order is cancelled according to Clauses 1 and 2 above, Studybooking.com will refund the amount paid on the Studybooking.com.
4. The money paid directly to the EP and AP by the student follows the EP and AP payment and refund policies and has nothing to do with Studybooking.com.
5. The membership fee paid by the EP and AP and the web administration fee paid by the user are non-refundable.
Article 12 (Privacy protection)
1. Studybooking.com collects the minimum amount of information necessary to perform the purchasing agreement. The following information is essential and any other information is optional.
2. Studybooking.com will store only personal information with user’s permission.
3. Studybooking.com will not provide the personal information to any 3rd party without user’s permission. However, the following cases are exceptions.
4. Studybooking.com may store member information for future use to provide smooth service after the user agreement is completed or withdrawn.
Article 13 (Obligations of Studybooking.com)
1. Studybooking.com will not take any action which is prohibited by related laws and these “terms and conditions” or disturb public order and good morals. Studybooking.com will make its best effort to provide the consistent and stable service according to the definitions herein.
2. An internet security system is used Studybooking.com to protect the private information of the user (Including credit information).
3. Studybooking.com will not transmit unwanted advertising email (spam) for profit seeking.
Article 14 (Member’s obligation for ID and password)
1. The member is responsible for the secrecy of the personal ID and password.
2. The member shall not allow 3rd parties to use member’s ID and password.
member should immediately inform Studybooking.com in the event of a loss or
theft of the personal ID and/or password. Members should follow recommendations
from Studybooking.com in the event of ID and/or password loss or theft.
Article 15 (Obligation of EP and AP)
1. EPs and APs shall process registration, management, orders and order withdrawals according to the service policy and procedure in the administration website provided by Studybooking.com and these “terms and conditions”.
2. EPs and APs shall respond in a timely manner to order requests from users and shall answer user questions sincerely.
3. EPs and APs shall not propose direct transactions excluding Studybooking.com when answering user questions and shall not provide related information. Offending EPs or APs may be suspended or expelled from Studybooking.com and any paid costs will not be refunded.
4. EPs and APs shall cancel the requested orders immediately at the request of the purchaser.
5. Reasonable requests for order cancellations by users will be considered by the administrator of Studybooking.com and may be cancelled if approved.
6. EPs and APs shall sincerely register information about goods and services and shall not register false information. Offending EPs or APs may be suspended or expelled from Studybooking.com and any paid costs will not be refunded.
7. EPs and APs shall not use Studybooking.com to infringe on copyrights or the rights of the other persons and shall not register false or illegal information. Offending EPs or APs may be suspended or expelled from Studybooking.com and any paid costs will not be refunded.
8. EPs and APs shall approve or reject the user orders in a timely manner. When no action is taken within 72 hours, the corresponding order may be cancelled automatically by Studybooking.com.
Article 16 (Possession of the copyright and restriction on use, the right to use)
1. The copyright or other intellectual property for the creature made by Studybooking.com shall be possessed to Studybooking.com.
2. The user shall not copy, transmit, publish, distribute or use the information of intellectual property right possessed by Studybooking.com out of the information obtained from using Studybooking.com for profit seeking by other method without prior consent from Studybooking.com and shall not allow for any third party to use it.
3. Studybooking.com has the right to use pictures, videos, and other images submitted by Aps and Eps for advertising purposes and public display on the website.
Article 17 (Immunity from the responsibilities of Studybooking.com)
1. All Users shall understand that Studybooking.com is only a sales broker who facilitates communication between the seller and purchaser. All Users shall perform transactions such as the orders, approvals, cancellations, withdrawals from agreement and refunds directly and shall keep Studybooking.com as irrelevant if disputes arise.
2. Studybooking.com is not responsible for lack of service due to natural disasters and inevitable circumstances. Studybooking.com is also not responsible for lack of service due to maintenance, repairs, or failures in communication infrastructure. In these events, Studybooking.com shall notify members about the details of such conditions by means of the internet or other available methods.
3. Studybooking.com is not responsible for the problems which are attributed to the EP or AP.
4. Studybooking.com is not responsible for the confusion of the user due to inadequate service details and information error by the EPs or APs. Studybooking.com is also not responsible for any reimbursement for inconvenience or losses due to inadequate service details and information error by the EPs or APs.
5. Studybooking.com is not responsible for information provided by EPs and APs on additional link screens, such as hyperlinks.
6. Studybooking.com is immune to claims by EPs and APs and lawsuits from purchasers or third parties in relation to the service and information provided by EPs and APs and they shall be responsible for the incurred losses of Studybooking.com.
Article 18 (Customer satisfaction)
1. At Studybooking.com, we value our customer’s opinions. Studybooking.com will consider all valid complaints and recommendations and facilitate changes to improve customer service and satisfaction.
2. Studybooking.com gives complaints and concerns raised by Users top priority. However, some cases are difficult to process rapidly, in which case, the reason and time frame will be posted immediately.
Article 19 (Juridical right and governing laws)
Lawsuits between Studybooking.com and Users for disputes arisen from electronic commercial trading are under the jurisdiction of Korea and are governed by the laws of Korea.
(Supplementary regulation) These terms and conditions are effective from January 1, 2014.
■ What kind of private information is collected?
We collect the following types of private information about members for consultation and purchase requests:
■ What is the purpose of collecting private information?
The private information we collect is only used for business purposes. It is collected to provide various services such the following:
■ How long is the information stored and used?
The private information of the user and/or provider is deleted if membership is cancelled unless the membership ends due to expulsion. Information about debts will be stored until the debt is settled. However, some information may be preserved according to related laws such as commercial code, and others. The following information can be kept:
Records on advertisement: 6 months
Records on the agreement and withdrawing from applying for agreement: 5 years
Records on the payment and supply of goods: 5 years
Records on consumer dissatisfaction or handling of a dispute: 3 years
Records on the collection, processing and use of credit information: 3 years
■ Is credit card payment information recorded?
When the user pays Studybooking.com by credit card, the credit card number and password are not recorded or kept. Studybooking.com uses a trusted 3rd party payment processor and does not keep any credit card information except for confirmation information.
■ When and how is the private information destroyed?
We destroy the private information without hesitation when the purpose of collecting and using the information is achieved. The private information saved in the database is deleted and destroyed permanently and cannot be restored once it has been destroyed.
■ What is the process used by Studybooking.com when private user information is given to a 3rd party?
We share data with 3rd parties to provide higher quality service for the following cases.
■ How can Users access and modify their personal information?
The member may view or edit the registered private information any time. Private information may be viewed and edited on My Page after logging in for general members. Providers may view and edit information on the administration website in the exclusive use control mode.
■ What kind of security does Studybooking.com use to protect the private information?
We use the following security methods and procedures to protect the valuable private information of all users and members of the seller.
1. All passwords are encoded and saved and only the user can view them.
2. Studybooking.com uses a server and an around-the-clock anti-virus program to prevent any damage or theft from malware. The anti-virus program is updated regularly and the server and database are protected at all times.
3. Security devices are used to transmit private information on the network by using encrypted password algorithms..
■ Who has access to the personal information input on Studybooking.com?
Studybooking.com has the highest security standards. We have established and perform appropriate business procedures to protect personal information provided by our customers. Only authorized staff may access the private information for business purposes and strict technical and physical guidelines are followed to access and use the private information. These guidelines are specially designed for sensitive private information such as passwords and credit card numbers and can only be viewed by the internal administration of Studybooking.com. Studybooking.com is designed for the customer to use credit card numbers only at the moment of payment. In addition, the system of Studybooking.com is designed so that only the user can use and access their credit card number only when purchasing or booking on Studybooking.com.
■ How does Studybooking.com process the private information of children?
Studybooking.com cannot be used and paid by customers under the age of 18 without consent from their custodian. If a customer under the age of 18 books and pays, the legal guardian may request to view, correct, and withdraw the information from Studybooking.com.
Recent date of modification: January 1, 2014